AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ode to Autumn

I am a fan of Jane Austen and I keep a copy of the complete and unabridged collection of her novels on my night stand for easy reference and random moments of reading. Yesterday, after supper, opening my book to a random page I read a bit. The heroine of Persuasion, Anne,  was taking a walk. Guess the time of the year when the walk took place. Autumn. This is what I read. "Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of the year upon the tawny leaves, and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn, that season f peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness, that season which had drawn from every poet worthy of being read some attempt at description, or some lines of feeling."  Reading that was a bit like a confirmation from God that my very second blog post  ought to be about the touches of  fall in my home.   Here are some pictures of a few touches of the season in my house. I did take a few more pictures but they did not come out clear so maybe I'll take some later and post it but for now here are a few of my mantle and a wreath I made with fake leaves from Hobby Lobby and a frame from an old wreath. I  know it is a lot of yellow and orange. It would have been nicer if the walls were white or gray but I am happy about the way it is right now. I hope you have a wonderful day!

 

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Anna,

Congratulations on your new blog & the Fall touchesblook great!!! :)
xo,
Lauren

Anna said...

Hi Lauren:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. It is very nice of you. I am honored and grateful.

God bless you!

Anna