AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 1, 2013

Fabric Scraps Storage

My mom is an amazing seamstress. When I was little she made all of my dresses just by looking at styles in magazines and I had a ton of dresses. Pretty much every week my mom would make a couple of outfits for me. Unfortunately, I did not inherit her sewing skills, but I do love sewing as much as she does. I know this 'coz my head is always filled with ideas for sewing projects that I don't know how to execute. I remember clearly the pinkish, lavenderish woven basket that my mom used to keep fabric scraps from her sewing projects. I don't have a basket like that but yesterday I thought it was high time I organized the myriad bags of fabrics scraps I have lying around from my sewing projects. So I repurposed an old shoe box by wrapping it with gift wrapping paper in my favorite color and my favorite color combination--pink and orange.
I have some more fabric scraps that need a gift-wrap covered shoe-box home and so I will be continuing this project. When I think of the long road ahead of me of organizing fabric scraps, sewing supplies and craft stuff, I am reminded of a poem titled "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost: Here is how the last stanza goes, ......."The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Yes, Robert Frost is right, I have miles to go before I can rest. And with that solemn thought I wish you a wonderful weekend, although, I might post tomorrow if I am able to finish a bag --a black bag with purple pom-poms!

No comments: