AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pound Cake

Somedays I just want to bake. Yesterday was one such day. So I baked this pound cake. When I was in high school I had a slice of pound cake that was topped with peaches. It was canned peaches and the sugar syrup from the peaches soaked into the pound cake and it was yummy. I have been on the look out for pound cake recipes to recreate that taste. I like to read cook books to relax. I like to look at the pictures of all the food and imagine myself making the ones I like. Every time I look through my FOOD and WINE cook book I would note this recipe. Finally, yesterday I made it. Also, I always like to make for my kids the things I enjoyed when I was young. That was another reason to bake this yesterday. I liked how it turned out. The down side of this cake is its recipe which is slightly scary. It uses 2 and 1/2 sticks of butter and six eggs. Not healthy at all. But okay occasionally, I think. Usually, I am particular about eating healthy. But yesterday I just wanted to bake and so I gave into the urge. I am on the look out for healthy baking recipes. Next, I want to try zucchini and olive oil cake. Sounds healthy right? Blessings to you!

No comments: