AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, October 5, 2024

On the Importance of Prayer and earning God's love

Alexandra Osteen who leads the worship team in Lakewood church said the most important thing about leading worship is ourselves praying to God. We have to pray by ourselves and have time alone with God. Then automatically we get peace, joy etc with which we can handle anything that life throws at us. I think what Alexandra Osteen said is so true. Some days at home I am not able to pray well. Even though I try to pray that time somehow becomes ineffective. I feel so happy when I am able to pray well. We are vulnerable creatures. Our mind, body, soul, and spirit needs that time with God. And everything that we are going through can be prayed about. If we pray by ourselves our everyday life will have a lot of blessings Plus we can feel stronger. I hope I can pray well everyday the rest of this year. If there is something we find difficult to do such as exercise then if we pray about it it becomes easier. I never thought I would like the song Reckless Love by Cory Asbury much. This song is in direct reference to the parable of the Lost Sheep where the good shepherd leaves the 99 and goes to find the one lost sheep. But when I listened to it today I liked one line. It says we don't deserve the love of God and we cannot earn it. Sometimes due to various reasons we may repay with unkindness or indifference or complaints someone's kindness towards us. Then we may repent of it. Then we may work hard to get back into the good books or good opinion of the person whose feelings we may have hurt. This line seems to address such a scenario with regard to God. If we displease God we cannot earn it back. And we don't deserve God's love in the first place because it is so exalted. This means that we can just be ourselves and not try to earn God's love. It is a reasoning that sometimes I feel I can understand but sometimes I feel I cannot understand. In a musical reality show the theme is Let your heart sing. If we don't deserve the love of God and if we cannot earn it we might as well allow our hearts to sing. It is our parents who fashioned our hearts. We should not allow the worlds standards or judgement to prevent our hearts from singing. Often I think I would not say this or write that thinking it will not be approved by others. But if we look at God all these disapproval's seems to melt away. If we think we cannot earn God's love by saying a certain thing or being a certain way then we feel we can say what we truly feel inside even if we think others may not like our choice of song or clothing. When we do that we reach a larger audience. An audience that likes the way our heart sings. I liked this line a lot. After I reached this conclusion I thought about it some more. Is it really true that we cannot earn the love of God? I think not. I think we can earn the love of God. Not by not saying what we really feel inside but by obeying all the commandments. When we obey all the commandments God loves us more, I think. When I think of my parents I get their joy over me more if I study well and am loving towards everyone. If I don't study well I don't get their joy over me. Let my goal be to get their joy. Let my goal be to make God proud of me.

No comments: