AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Descriptive Writing and two Paintings

My father likes me to write descriptively and also to paint. Here are two paragraphs of descriptive writing and two paintings that I wrote and painted earlier this year. ---------------A slight pleasant chill is seeping in through the gaps between the door and the wall. To experience such a pleasant coldness at the end of spring is so wonderful. At the end of spring the days can get a bit too warm and uncomfortable. So to sit in a recliner and feel a cool air drifting in from a green backyard where everything is green early in the morning makes me feel as though I am in a resort or a hill station like ooty or kodaikanal. It feels like when you open the freezer and hoary fumes waft out of the freezer and it refreshes you. The breeze from the backyard felt like that. In school in biology we had a biology diagram book. We had to draw plants, leaves, roots, stems even frogs and human brain. All the girls in my class worked very hard on our biology diagrams. We innovated techniques to make our drawings look exactly like in our biology text book. One technique was to take a small piece of paper and just make a dark splotch on it with regular pencil. Then rub the paper on your diagram book to get the effect of shading. To get a really dark and thin line you have to sharpen your pencil to a very thin point and place a protractor or any glass piece under your page and draw on it then it comes out very dark and thin. If our teacher gave us biology diagram home work then when we come from home even before class starts and we would show each other our diagram books and admire each other's drawings. The girls in my class taught me the shading technique and the technique to get a thin dark line.
I have not posted the writing before but I posted these paintings before.

No comments: