AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 17, 2024

G7

Tomorrow I may say a speech on G7. I read in the newspaper that G7 member countries just concluded a meeting in Italy. This inspired me to speak about this topic. In the process I found more info about this group. Here are some facts that I plan to include in the speech. The Group of Seven (G7) is an intergovernmental political and economic forum consisting of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK and US. The EU is a non-enumerated member. It is organized around shared values of plularism, liberal democracy and representative government. G7 members are advanced economies. Note on Plularism: Cultural pluralism is a term used when smaller groups within a larger society maintain their unique cultural identities, whereby their values, and practices are accepted by the dominant culture provided such are consistent with the laws and values of the larger society.

No comments: