AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, August 1, 2014

Corn Muffins, Painted Curtains and The Proverbs 31 Woman

I made corn muffins this morning. I found the recipe on the box in which the corn meal came. The only way in which I changed the recipe was that I used whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour and olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I tried it and I thought it was amazing.
This is our dining room. I hand painted the pattern you can see on the curtains. I bought the curtains for $10 per panel from Target. Then I stenciled this pattern and painted it. I mixed acrylic paint with Textile medium to get fabric paint to use on the curtain. Next, I want to share with you my thoughts on the Proverbs 31 woman. So here goes.... I love the picture my heavenly Father paints in the 31st chapter of the book of Proverbs. To me it is a picture of who God wants me to be. When I read that portion in the Bible the very first time, I felt so happy because it was a description of all that I was longing as well. It was as though my heavenly Father and I was on the same wavelength. As though what He wanted for me and what I wanted for myself was the same. At the time I would read each aspect or personality trait of the Proverbs 31 woman and self evaluate to see if I was all that she was. I thought it described me in many ways but not all ways. I went through a season in my life when I read that section in the Bible every single day and yearn and long to be all that the Proverbs 31 woman is. I prayed those specific verses over myself every single day. Today I am going to write a description of the Proverbs 31 woman with a note to self on where I need improvement. A proverbs 31 woman is EXCELLENT: I am excellent A Proverbs 31 woman is far more precious than jewels. I am absolutely 100 per cent more precious than jewels. A Proverbs 31 woman's husband trusts in her. I wish my husband Jerry Anthony would trust me more. A Proverbs 31 woman's husband will have no lack of gain. I pray for my husband diligently, and take care of his health but I could do better in the area of speaking words that build my husband up and not arguing and hurting my husband's feelings. I could also have more humility and be less rude. I have to grow a lot in this area. I have realized that I can avoid many problems in my life if only I can say the right words to my husband. A Proverbs 31 woman does her husband good and not harm. That is my goal absolutely. I want my heavenly Father to use me to do good for my husband. A Proverbs 31 woman works with her hands and is hardworking. I work with my hands as well and am hardworking but I can grow some more in this area. I want to sew way more than I am doing right now, I want to cook even better than I am cooking right now and I want to organize things in my home even better than what it is right now in my home. A Proverbs 31 woman "is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar." Proverbs 31:14 To me this sounds like a Proverbs 31 woman likes to try out new recipes. I do like to try out new recipes from other cultures. Once when my kids were in elementary school we bought a recipe book which had recipes from many countries of the world. I decided that every week I would try out a recipe from that book from another country. We tried out several recipes from cultures around the world. Today, I don't have that cookbook but I have tried new trendy food items such as Quinoa, Bok choy and Kale. A proverbs 31 woman rises while it is yet night. I wake up early and pray and start doing my chores as well but I could do that more regularly. A Proverbs 31 woman buys her own property. I think she is able to do that because she is financially independent. I am not independent yet. It is my goal to be hundred percent independent. I have to grow in the area of becoming independent financially and contribute as much or more than my husband to our family's income. I was raised to believe that I can do anything as well or better than any man can do. I definitely do not think my income earning ability is less than that of my husband. A proverbs 31 woman dresses to signify strength and is a strong person. I am growing in strength every single day but I would say I am a very strong person. A proverbs 31 woman is proud of her work. I am not there yet. I can be very self critical and overly other focused. A Proverbs 31 woman is kind. I am 100 percent kind. I am very merciful. I wish for everybody to have a good life and happiness and all that they wish for themselves. I believe the world is big enough to include everyone's dreams, except we have to pursue our dreams in integrity and purity and without crushing another's dreams. A proverbs 31 woman's family is well dressed. I think my family is well dressed. A proverbs 31 woman's husband does well in life. I think my husband is doing well and sits among the elders of the land. My husband Jerry Anthony on his own is very able and gifted and I pray for him. Strength and dignity are her clothing and she laughs at the time to come. My clothing is strength and dignity too, but I need to be less anxious and worried about what others think. A Proverbs 31 woman looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. I do look to the ways of my household and I am not idle, but I need to grow in the area of writing a to do list each day and accomplishing every thing on my list. The husband and children of the proverbs 31 woman praise her. That is my dream, that my husband and children would think I am a proverbs 31 woman. A Proverbs 31 woman fears the Lord. I am absolutely that. For me that is the bottom line by which I live. After all, more than anyone else or anything else, it is My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who I live to please.

No comments: