AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Precious and Perfect (Updated)

Yesterday, I took this little one out for lunch. We went to a restaurant in downtown. This coming Monday, this little one will go to college.
While having lunch I talked with my son about his college, the classes he will be taking etc. My son is going to Pepperdine University in California. After lunch, we went to a cupcake store next door and bought these cupcakes for all of us. These are cookie monster cupcakes.
This picture is from his scrapbook album. This picture was taken eighteen years ago.
Two years into my marriage, we did not have a baby. I looked in the Bible to see if I could find some comfort and stumbled upon the story of Hannah. In that story Hannah is the wife of a man named Elkanah but did not have a baby. She cried out to God and God heard her prayer and gave her a baby. I was really inspired by the story of Hannah and so I prayed exactly the way Hannah prayed. Miraculously my husband and I became pregnant with this child right after that.
When he was born he was just like an angel. It was not at all difficult to raise him.
Here is a picture of my son with Father Abraham Adappor, a Jesuit priest, who is also a close friend of my Father.
Here is Father Abraham Adappoor holding my son at two or three days old.
Here is a picture of me holding my son.
Here is my son with my parents at two or three days old.
This is a picture of me holding my son.
Here is a picture of my husbnad Jerry Anthony's parents holding my son during Jeremiah's baptism.
Here is a picture of my husband Jerry Anthony's father holding my son at my brother's wedding.
Here is my son with my parent's cousin and her children and myself.
Here is a picture of my mother-in-law's younger sister with our son.
Here is a picture of my husband's cousin with my son.
Here is my mother's cousin holding my son.
Here is another cousin of my mother by my son.
Here he is with his grandmother (my mother). My mom got the baptism gown for my son custom made and designed it herself. It was really pretty. When I was very young, my mom and dad bought me lots of dolls with accessories for my dolls, such as rocking chair, mirrors, combs etc. My mom made pretty dresses for my dolls. I pretended I was a mom to my dolls. I combed their hair, tucked them in and told them stories also, I think. I don't know if I took my dolls for walks. When my son was born, my mom said God gave me my own real doll to take care of.
My grandfather's brother also attended Jeremiah's baptism ceremony. Here is Jeremiah, my grandfather's brother and my mom.
My mom's side of the family who came for Jeremiah's baptism.
My dad with my son on his first birthday. My parents took a picture of my son with all of our relatives.
Here is my son with my mom's oldest sister.
My son always liked to hold my hand when he was little. Here is my son with little cousin Emil. Jeremiah is truly a perfect kid. God truly blessed me with a perfect child like him. God was with me all through the time I raised him. Today when I look back on all of the events of my life raising my children, I feel certain that God was with me, helping me and guiding me. From age four both my kids would watch a Bible story on Sunday, until they finished watching all faith based videos in our library. I have read to him all the biographies of great Americans available in the library. I am so proud of him. The first two years of high school he read the bible completely twice. When the decision about which college to send him to was going on in my home, one day I found a Moms in touch tote bag. Moms in touch is a prayer group I participated in while praying for my children. On the tote bag were the words, "His faithfulness continues....". At that moment I knew that God's will would be done with regard to the college my child would go to. After my husband said yes, to the college the next day, a gift basket arrived in our home. It was from my father-in-law's friend. The color of the ribbon with which the gift basket was tied was the color of his college. All through his life many people have showed love to my son, and encouraged him. Apart from Jerry and myself, and our family and his teachers at school, many members of our church family have shown so much love and encouragement to my son. Many Sunday school teachers have impacted Jeremiah's life. I am very thankful to each and every person who has shown love, kindness and encouragement to my child. My children are so precious to me. God gave both my children to me. How can I not be thankful to anyone who has shown love to my child. If you are a follower of Christ can you pray for my son? Please can you pray for my son to be safe and happy in his college and for everything to be perfect for my child. May God bless you and I hope you will have a wonderful day!

No comments: