AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Pretty Tableware

All these images are from Dillards.com. I like the design on the edge of the plates.
When I saw this set I was reminded of the word mottled.The word mottled means having dots or smeared with color. Some kind of birds eggs are like that. So glad this tableware takes inspiration from nature. Here is the picture of birds eggs I found in the internet that I thought looked like this plates set. The set below the picture of eggs and nest looks more like the eggs than the picture above the nest.
Scallop edges for the bowls above and the lid of the dish below.
These cabbage plates with the veins so graphically rendered look visceral.
Plates inspired by cabbage leaves.
In the play Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw which I read yesterday Eliza Doolittle is compared to squashed cabbage leaves.

No comments: