AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Books

Yesterday I went to the library and borrowed these books. The plays by Shakespeare that I borrowed were Cymbeline and Measure for Measure. These are Shakespearan plays that are not that famous, I guess. I wanted to read a scholarly work on Shakespeare's plays and knew Samuel Johnson had written a book about Shakespeare's plays. Searching for that lead me to the biography of Samuel Johnson by James Boswell. Reading this book of 1006 pages would be an achievement in itself. I also borrowed a book by Francine Prose about writing and reading. My parents bought me a book which contained interviews of women writers and Francine Prose is featured in that book. I was excited to find a book by that author in the shelf of the library. I already read around two chapters.

No comments: