AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Painting of a Lotus

I made this painting of a pink lotus in a blue pond yesterday.
I saw a picture of a black and white lotus in the internet. I decided to draw it but also color it. I had bought pink paint recently. I tried out that pink. It is called opera rose. I like this shade of pink. In the picture in the internet the pond was dark in some places and light in other places. I did not know if the light area is white charcoal or just the white paper. Since I was not sure and since I only had black charcoal I just decided to color. Pink for the lotus and green for the leaf was a no-brainer. But what color should I give the water? The picture in the internet showed the water as black and white just like the lotus and the leaf. But it would look odd to have a pink water. I have seen green ponds. I have seen blue ponds. I saw a picture with dark blue water with white on top and lotuses floating and decided to go with that look and paint the water blue. The same pond can look different colors during different times of day due to light reflection. I hope my explanation of my reasoning process for this painting makes sense.

No comments: