AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 20, 2024

Pages from a memory book

I painted all these last week, except the second painting. The first few paintings are inspired by kancheepuram sarees. Most of them are from memories. My mom gave me one of her own sarees and it was blue and orange. The blue in the saree given to me by my mom was a deeper blue. The orange had gold lines on it. The next is inspired by a maroon and yellow saree which was given to me by my mother. It was her saree. The yellow border had black thread work on it. The next painting is a brown and gold silk skirt and blouse set I once had. In my school there was once an occassion called thalappoli. A minister was coming to inaugurate something. We had to dress in long silk skirts and have long hair and braid it and decorate the braid with flowers and hold a plate full of flowers. My mother attached false hair to my hair and braided it and put long jasmine garlands in it. When the minister passed by we had to shower him with flowers. This brown and gold color combination is from that memory of that outfit. It was bought when I participated in such an event. It is supposed to look like a kancheepuram saree. The gold had a thin line of red and an undertone of red. The yellow and pink was a kancheepuram saree that my mother bought for me. The next two are just colors I imagined that likely could be in a kancheepuram saree. Pink and green is a favorite color combo. You can have pink as the main part of the saree with a green border or green as the main part of the saree and pink border. I had a saree which had a pink border and the main part was green. But I would love to buy one which is pink with a green border. I really love kancheepuram sarees. The colors they come in are exquisite. The last two paintings were the result of just putting colors on pages.

No comments: