AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Ice Cream

Recently a lady told me that a good thing to have during summer is ice cream. I could not agree more. I really feel I should go to the grocery store and buy ice cream. Alternately, I could make ice cream at home. There is an ice cream maker in our home which I have not used in a few years. Time to wipe the dust off of it and make some ice cream. or take the easy way out and buy from the grocery store. An ice cream memory I have is this place which we used to call Woodlands ice cream parlor. Tucked away in a corner in a busy street of the city of Kochi India is this ice cream place called Woodlands. If I do well in school my father would take us there as a treat. It is an air conditioned restaurant. The second you step in there you feel this great respite from the heat outside. It is not a large restaurant. There are just a few seats. It is one of my fondest memories of Kochi. Another ice cream memory is going to the St.Teresas canteen for a meal and buying ice cream. It was cone ice cream. But you don't scoop ice cream and place it in the cone but instead you hold the cone under a tap and ice cream flows into it. It was the tastiest ice cream. Another ice cream memory is an ice cream called kasatta. My father liked this ice cream a lot and we wanted all of us to have it. I love that in the US we can buy huge tubs of ice cream and place it in the freezer. I also like the wistful songs played by ice cream trucks as they make their rounds through neighborhoods during summer days and the way children throng to the truck to buy ice cream. In an ice cream maker we can make ice cream that is healthy by avoiding artificial ingredients and using fruits to sweeten. The most popular ice cream brand in India was called Kwality. Their ice cream was in small cups with a wood spoon. The lid was a small round paper. Now from wikipedia I learned that they have collaborated with a brand from UK. Hope I inspired you to try some ice cream today.

No comments: