AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 22, 2024

5-Subject Notebook

On Saturday I bought a 5-Subject Notebook. In this notebook I am planning to write Bible verses, prayer requests, news stories, thoughts on English literature, blogging ideas, decoration ideas and most importantly writing ideas.
Notebooks remind me of school life. During my school years I had lots of notebooks. Here are a few memories about notebooks from my school days.
In school in Kerala we had a notebook for each subject.

We had a notebook for English, Malayalam, Science, Social Studies and Mathematics.

After 8th grade we had three textbooks for science because we had to study science as physics, chemistry and biology.

We had two books for Social Studies.

History was one subject and Geography and Civics was the other part of Social Studies.

We had to study two books for Mathematics.

The Math notebook was different from other notebooks.

In the Math notebook we had a margin on the left and a larger margin on the right side of the page.

On the space in the larger margin was our work area.

We could jot down calculations in that area.

In the middle we had to write out the answers or solutions to Math problems neatly.

In all other notebooks there was a margin only on the left side.

We wrote questions and answers for each lesson in our notebooks.

We wrote meanings of words for Malayalam English and Hindi.

We had to study Hindi only from fifth grade.

We had to write synonyms for words.

Also we had to write "nanartham."

Nanartham means one word has many meanings.

There were many such words.

We had to write "use in sentences" for malayalam English and Hindi.

In this we used the words in a sentence.

In addition we had transcription notebooks.

The transcription for English had four lines.

The transcription for Malayalam and Hindi had two lines.

We had to write one page of transcription every day to make our handwriting nice.

We had to place our transcription books on the teacher's desk before the teacher comes to class.

We also had composition books.

These were notebooks too where we learned to write our first essays.

Now that I think about it composition comes from the word compose.

I learned to write my first letter in a composition book.


In my composition book I wrote about myself.

I wrote about my family.

The composition books are placed in school in a wood cupboard.

On days we have to work on our composition the teacher asks the class monitor to go to the wood cupboard and distribute the books to us.

The book is so neat and tidy.

The brown paper cover is not crumpled.

Because it has been in the cupboard.

No comments: