AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 1, 2024

Table Topics Question about Telemarketing

On June 25, I participated in the Toastmasters club meeting and during the Table Topics session I was asked to "Describe My Experiences with Telemarketing." My experience with Telemarketing has to do with a television channel called QVC. QVC is on 24/7. Any time you switch it on they will be selling something. The reason I liked to watch it was because you don't have to know the story so far to jump right in. In other TV shows we need to know who the characters are, what is the story so far etc. But with QVC since they are selling only products there is no story and so there is nothing to understand. We can just watch it for as long as we would like and stop watching whenever we like. The presenters were extremely articulate, knowledgeable, polite and positive. So it was just nice listening to them talk. Some were very humourous. I never bought anything from QVC due to just a preference for old-fashioned style of shopping by going to a real store and paying real cash. But their products were great and presentation was great too. That is my experience with Telemarketing. I learned about lots of brands, products, styles and about talented people from QVC.

No comments: