AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Old fashioned flower vase

Antiques, vintage objects, family heirlooms, heritage etc are words that evoke a mood. If we place an antique or vintage object in our home it gives us a feeling of rootedness. It gives us a feeling of continuity and tradition. If it is from our own family it is unique because it cannot be bought from a store. Lots of people have sentimental attachment to things given to them by their parents or grandparents. Today I placed this old fashioned brass flower vase after polishing it with baking soda and tamarind. I placed a silk hydrangea in it. Every time I slow down I remember that even as a teenager I liked old things or objects. Remembering the things you liked as a teenager helps you connect with the real you.

No comments: