AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, July 26, 2024

EX Uncle

Here is something I wrote about a super special perfect person who was an integral part of my childhood. Today I got news that a beloved uncle passed away. EX uncle was our laughing uncle. The minute he steps into our house he will say something and starts laughing. If someone else says something he will make it into a jest and start laughing. As long as I remember uncle and aunty and Kavitha and Priya were in new Delhi. But EX uncle grew up in udayamperoor and EX uncle and my father were same age. One day I was just chatting with my grandfather when I was a child. My grandfather told me a story about EX uncle. That EX uncle when he was my grandfather's student in school could not say the word ka. So he would say tha. For kaka he said thatha. This was said to me when I was a child and EX uncle was a lawyer in new Delhi. This shows how my grandfather viewed EX uncle. Every one called EX uncle EX. Ex uncles full name is EX Joseph. My father had a very easy relationship with EX uncle. When EX uncle talks EX uncle is extravagant in praise. Everytime they visit they bring toys for my baby brother and other gifts I remember visiting EX uncles ancestral house in udayamperoor. EX uncle's father was also a teacher. but I have never seen him. But I do know my grandfather loved EX uncle's father from my conversation with my grandfather. I visited the new house that uncle and aunty build in 2018 but visited the old house as a child several times because that house was very near the synod church. When I went to study in Jesus and Mary college in New Delhi I stayed with George uncle and Valsa aunty but to get phone calls from my parents used to go to EX uncle's house because they had a phone but George uncle did not. Ex uncle and Kalpana aunty are very loving. In new Delhi I was hospitalized once and EX uncle and kalpana aunty's doctor was in charge and they came every day to see me. Ex uncle was a very eminent lawyer in new Delhi. I was very happy to see a picture of EX uncle Pappa and Fabian uncle at the book release of ara nazhika neram. Ex uncle is very similar to Pappa and Fabian uncle in character and personality. Uncle was a scholar in law. Feel sad Jeremiah and Joshua did not get to interact with uncle much. Uncle's laughter and presence was just indescribable. When we visit EX uncles and aunts house in New Delhi till very late in the evening uncle would be in his office room talking to clients and busy with law work. Then very late when we are about to start dinner EX uncle will be free and joins us in the meal and regales us with uncle's humourous takes on life. Their home was on the roof of a building. In the middle was the terrace. Aunty would make the most delicious pulao and we would all sit on chairs in the terrace and have. Opposite was a green area full of trees. In the lowest floor of that building was a salon. When my mother came to New Delhi to learn about salon stuff my mother learned from that salon. During the week she would stay with EX uncle and kalpana aunty and the weekend she would come to visit George uncle and Valsa aunty. When they visited us in Kerala one time in a family gathering Kavitha recited the poem daffodils by William Wordsworth and Priya recited a hymn give me oil in my lamp. Both of them were students in the convent of Jesus and Mary.EX uncle kalpana aunty Kavitha and Priya were the most perfect family. My parents my grandfather my aunts my uncle all loved ex uncle and family. The last time I met EX uncle was when I went to the synod church and kochuthresia aunty and baby aunty said let's go to EX uncle's house after we finished praying in the synod church. We went there and spend a few minutes there and came back. EX uncle was his usual jovial self. I guess the joy that we pray for and the joy that we yearn for as Christians in prayer was the natural part of EX uncles personality. Last year when I was in the mall Winny told me to pray for EX uncle's faith. I also used to think EX uncle did not have faith. And I prayed exactly as Winny told me to pray. But now I know EX uncle had the same faith as my Pappa. I used to pray so desperately for my Pappa to accept Jesus. But now I know my Pappa always loved Jesus. And I know EX uncle loved Jesus too. Because joy is from the holy spirit. EX uncle had a ton of joy.

No comments: