AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Framed Postcards (updated)

I love the idea of shopping our own homes for art and meaningful decoration. I had found some postcards in my home and framed them. Today, my husband Jerry, fixed two nails on the wall in our living room and so we put up the framed postcards that I shared earlier.
My husband told me that the building is a picture of "Rashtrapati Bhavan" in New Delhi, India. Rashtrapati Bhavan is the president's official residence. And the street is the one in front of it. My husband's undergraduate degree is in Architecture and so his knowledge about buildings and understanding of buildings is very good.
New Delhi is really an amazing city with a ton of old buildings and as many new buildings. Since it has been the capital of many ancient Indian empires, it was the capital during the time when the British ruled India and because it is the capital now, it has layers and layers of history. But this particular picture represents the time when the British were ruling India.
Do you like picture postcards of old buildings? Have you framed postcards? I hope you have a great day!

No comments: