AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, June 21, 2013

Stars and Stripes Pillow

I love decorating for the 4th of July. I love everything about this holiday... the colors, ---the red, white and blue, the fruits we get to eat, the watermelons, the strawberries, the blueberries, the cherries, yum; I love the fireworks we get to watch and I love to think about all the things that happened in history that led up to this great day. However, this is the very first time, I am making a 4th of July pillow. First, I thought I would put red and white pom-poms on a navy pillow but did not feel like going to the store just to pick up red pom-poms. I already had a white pillow and so I made it more interesting (I think) by painting red stripes and blue stars on it.
I am not sure if I did the stars right. But I like this pillow although it is a departure from the gray color palette I was going for on this sofa. I have a couple of other ideas also for 4th of July decorating which I am looking forward to sharing in the coming days. Do you like decorating for the fourth of July? If so, how do you do it?

No comments: