AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Fairy land quote

"There is such a place as fairyland-but only children can find their way to it. And they do not know it is fairyland until they have grown so old that they forget the way. One bitter day when they seek it and cannot find it they realize what they have lost; and that is the tragedy of life. On that day the gates of Eden are shut behind them and the age of gold is over. Henceforth they must dwell in the common light of common day. Only a few who are children at heart can ever find that fair lost path again; and blessed are they above mortals. They and only they can bring us tidings from that dear country where we once sojourned and from which we must evermore be exiles. The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and story tellers. But they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairy land." - L.M. Montgomery. The Story Girl. I first read this quote in the blog Dear Lillie. She had it inscribed on a hoodie. After I finished reading it I had some chores and so I went downstairs to the kitchen but could not get this quotation out of my mind. I felt I understood what salvation is all about when I read this quote. I feel that God intends our lives on this planet to be like a fairy tale. That is how it is even now when we are children. When we are children we wonder at the beauty of the world around us, and we dream and we believe. I remember when my kids were young and I took them to the park they would pick up acorns, rocks, flowers and wonder at them. And if I or my husband told them anything they believed. And they dreamed. They dreamed that they can fly, and jump from tall buildings and become heroes. But there is something about the world that makes us change. The world wants us to conform to its standards. The world wants us to stop appreciating and wondering at the beauty of this world God created for us. The world wants us to stop believing God and the world want us to stop dreaming. Children are believers. Then as I was doing dishes it came to me that that is what Christ wants to do. Take us to back fairy land. Give back to us what we loose when we are in exile from the land of believing and dreaming and wondering of our childhood. Did Christ not tell us that we cannot have the kingdom of God if we do not become like a child. I think, Christ wants to make us like a child in our heart. My camera has run out of batteries and that is why I am unable to post pics of the collages I made. Hope you have a great day

No comments: