AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Aukus Pact and Philadelphi Corridor

One way to know more about the world around us is by reading the newspaper and by jotting down terms or phrases you would like to know more about. Then Google the phrases or names you jotted down and write down a few points about that term from the info that comes up. Recently I read the newspaper and came across two terms I did not know much about. I googled it and wrote down a few points about each of those terms. This is my way of slowly increasing my knowledge about the world around me. How else can we be a well informed citizen of our country except by reading the newspaper regularly. I hope I read the newspaper more regularly. I got this idea of reading the newspaper and googling terms you wanted to know more about from a person who topped a competitive career exam in India. Here are two terms I studied more about.


Aukus pact

Aukus is a pact between three nations viz US, UK and Australia..

It was formed in 2021.

It is a military technology partnership.

It's purpose is collective security.

It seeks to gain stability in the Indo-pacific region in order to procure military security for these three nations.

It is a response to the threat posed by China to the peace of the Indo Pacific region.

Philadelphi corridor

Is the Israeli code name for a narrow area of land that extends along the border between Gaza and Egypt.

In 2005 an accord with Egypt was concluded by Israel known as the philadelphi accord according to which both the Egyptian side and the Gaza side was monitored by the military to prevent illegal movement of weapons from Egypt to Gaza.


No comments: