AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Baby Girl by Sugarland

I used to work in a store where they played a song. Without intending to I paid attention to the lyrics and the song resonated with me. I came home and looked it up in my phone.It is such a beautiful song about this girl who left home to make it big and her loving parents are waiting for her and success eludes her. And she is broke and needs money from her parents. Here are the lyrics. The band is sugarland. The singer is Jennifer Nettles. They say,this town the stars stay up all night. Dont know cant see them for the glow of the neon lights and its a long way from here the place where the home fires burn
Well, it's two thousand miles and one left turn
Dear Mom and Dad,
Please send money, I'm so broke that it ain't funny.
I don't need much just enough to get me through.
Please don't worry cause I'm alright
I'm playing here at the bar tonight.
This time I'm gonna make our dreams come true
Well I love you more than anything in the world.
Love,
Your baby girl
Black top, blue sky
Big town full of little white lies
Everybody's your friend, you can never be sure
They promise fancy cars and diamond rings
All sorts of shiny things
Girl, you'll remember what your knees are for
Dear Mom and Dad,
Please send money, I'm so broke that it ain't funny.
I don't need much just enough to get me through.
Please don't worry cause I'm alright
I'm playing here at the bar tonight.
This time I'm gonna make our dreams come true
Well I love you more than anything in the world.
Love,
Your baby girl
I know that I'm on my way
I can tell every time I play
And I know it's worth all the dues I pay
When I can write to you and say
Dear Mom and Dad,
I'll send money, I'm so rich that it ain't funny
It ought ta be more than enough to get you through
Please don't worry cause I'm alright
I'm staying here at the Ritz tonight
What ta ya know we made our dreams come true!
And there are fancy cars and diamond rings
But you know that they don't mean a thing
They all add up to nothing compared to you
Well, remember me in ribbons and curls
I still love you more than anything in the world.
Love,
Your baby girl
Baby girl
Baby girl
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Jennifer Nettles / Kristen Hall / Kristian Bush / Robert Hartley / Simone Simonton / Troy Bieser
Baby Girl lyrics © Bluewater Music Corp., BMG Rights Management, Greater Good Songs, Royalty Network, Songtrust Ave, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner Chappell Mu
[Verse 1] They say this town. The stars stay up all night. Well, I don't know, can't see 'em. For the glow of the neon lights. And it's a long way from here
They say this town. The stars stay up all night. Don't know, can't see 'em. For the glow of the neon lights. And it's a long way from here
The lyrics really do say "Girl you'll remember what your knees are for." This is a reference to praying to God and thanking him for everything that he gave you, ...
They say this town. The stars stay up all night. Don't know, can't see 'em. For the glow of the neon lights. And it's a long way from here
Baby Girl Lyrics by Sugarland from the Twice the Speed of Life album- including song video, artist biography, translations and more: They say this town The ...
I'm so broke that it ain't funny. I don't need much just. enough to get me through. Please don't worry 'cause I'm alright.
People also search for
Something More lyrics
Sugarland
Stay lyrics
Sugarland
All I Want to Do lyrics
Sugarland
Stuck Like Glue lyrics
Sugarland
Settlin' lyrics
Sugarland
Want To lyrics
Sugarland
Babe lyrics
Sugarland
Already Gone lyrics
Sugarland
"Well, I don't need much; just enough to get me through. "Please don't worry 'cause I'm all right, "I'm playin' here at the bar tonight. "Well, this time, I'...

Page Navigation



No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home