AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 23, 2024

I hate broccoli!

Yesterday I wanted to find out about the impact of a former US president declaring he hated broccoli on produce farming. I did not get much info in the internet. But remembering this incident helped me summon up courage to hate broccoli too. I was introduced to Broccoli in the US. I read that it was a super vegetable packed with nutrients and vitamins and that it was anti carcinogenic. When I learned about its health benefits I started eating broccoli like crazy. Until I became synonymous with broccoli.
Recently for reasons unknown to myself I started disliking broccoli. But it was a health food-- how could I dislike something so healthy. Then I remembered former US president George H. W. Bush Senior who hated broccoli and one of his first announcements as president was that he hated broccoli.
Yesterday as I chopped broccoli florets thinking of how much I dislike this vegetable I remembered the former US president who hated broccoli. That gave me courage to dislike broccoli too. One other reason I started eating broccoli was that I thought if I did not eat broccoli I would become unhealthy and die. But now I am not so pessimistic. Even without eating broccoli I can be healthy.
I have evolved to hate broccoli a vegetable I used to like a lot.

No comments: