AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, February 3, 2024

Painting of a leaf

I made this painting today. I was inspired by the painting by a child in the internet. In that painting the colors were soft and mild. As I started painting I thought of leaves which have dark spots on them. So I tried to put dark spots. I put dark spots in black and brown. I think this may be an oak leaf. It is not an exact copy of the painting I saw in the internet. The painting in the internet has lots of pink in it. The color that sometimes comes out as pink came out more red than pink in this. Also larger areas are green in the painting in the internet. This has more mustard yellow. The edges and veins are shimmery in the painting in the internet. Here is the painting in the internet.
I decided to paint the leaf again.
This time I tried to make the leaf look exactly like in the one I saw in the internet. But for some reason the colors are still the same. The pink still looks like red but some areas do look lighter. And larger areas are green. Ultimately I just wanted to learn to paint nicely with the colors I had.

No comments: