AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Birthday Celebration Planning

My son Joshua will turn 15 on May 7. The second I thought about Joshua's birthday and how to celebrate it, the Bible verse that came to my mind was Psalm1:3. This verse says that a Godly person will be like a tree planted by the rivers of waters and that such a person will bear good fruit and everything they do will prosper. I love that blessing. I want Joshua to always know that He is Godly and he will succeed in everything he does. A couple of years ago in a blog I had seen this same verse on a mantel with the image of a tree. So when I thought of this verse I too thought of the image of a tree. Later I stumbled upon a blog that I have never read before and I saw this image of a birthday cake for a teen boy and the frosting was white with a brown tree on the white. The image of the tree on the cake sort of confirmed in my mind the direction I wanted to go for Joshua's birthday. So all day Friday, I was painting a tree on a table runner I made earlier this year. I choose the tree silhouette from google. While I was making the tree on the table runner I was also stenciling Psalm 1:3 on yellow chevron fabric for place mats. I decided on yellow and green for the colors because those are Joshua's school colors. Joshua is a freshman in highschool. Stenciling this verse is taking longer than I thought. I don't know if it would be better to just free hand write it. I hope you have a wonderful rest of Sunday!

No comments: