AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Curtains for the Kitchen

I think these curtains are called cafe curtains. When I checked J C Penney Home I saw them being described as a tier and swag valence set and as the kind of curtains that give the kitchen the look of a home in the country side. I first saw these type of curtains in my uncle's house in Chicago. To me they looked so pretty. In my opinion they contribute a homely charm to the kitchen. They have an american cottage look to them. They look like they could belong to kitchens depicted in the pages of children's story books.
I like everything about these curtains except the name if indeed the real name of these curtains is cafe curtains. The term Cafe curtains evoke the feeling of curtains in a cafe as in a commercial place but these curtains look like they belong to a simple, old fashioned kitchen.
In the home decor blogs I follow I don't see such curtains. So they may not be trendy anymore.
I had curtains like these in yellow white and green. I hope I can buy a new set of this.
Onomatopoeia is a word that sounds like its meaning. Cafe curtains to me do not sound like its meaning. Here is the formal definition of the word Onomatopoeia. 1. formation of a word by imitating the natural sound associated with the object or action involved; echoism (Ex.: tinkle, buzz, chickadee, etc.) 2. the use of words whose sounds reinforce their meaning or tone, as in poetry. (Reposting)

No comments: