AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 15, 2024

Indoor Plants

Do you like indoor plants? I really like to see plants inside the house.
Lotus is the national flower of India and I always thought it grew only in water but today as I googled I discovered it grows in soil too. How wonderful would it be if you can grow it as an indoor plant.
This Tulasi plant also could be grown indoors though I have not seen it being grown indoors. The leaves of this plant is believed to have medicinal properties.
Most people from Kerala who live outside Kerala grow curry leaves in pots in their home. You can just pluck the leaves from this plant and put it in the curry if you are making a south indian curry.
This plant is known as money plant and easily grows indoors both in soil and water.
Jasmine can be grown as an indoor plant as vouchsafed by my aunt who has been growing the jasmine in her Chicago home for ages. In kerala I have only seen this as an outdoor plant. The fragrance of jasmine is mindblowing. How wonderful if your home is full of plants which exude a mild fragrance and as you walk around the house you will feel like you are walking through a herb garden. All these pictures are from the internet.

No comments: