AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 5, 2024

New Sofa

Everybody likes to have new things in the new year. How about a new sofa? (I saw an internet article which said New Year New App which got me thinking of a new sofa)
Many years ago before my parents built their own house my uncle gave my parents a few books with pictures of interiors of beautiful homes. I remember poring into the pages of the book looking at the images of beautiful homes. One image that stuck in my mind is a pinkish burgundiyish colored plush sofa. It would be a deep pink, a jewel toned pink with undertones of purple. I had that sofa in mind as I browsed sofas. This sofa from houzz is not exactly like the sofa in the book but it has that rich wine color.
I like this living room that features a burgundy sofa. I found this image in the internet as I searched for ideas on how to style a burgundy sofa. Burgundy is the color of wine. In my parents home there was a sofa upholstered with orange fabric with gold circle patterns on it. Inside the circle there were flower patterns. Inspired by that memory I searched for orange sofas in the internet.
This sofa is more brown than orange. The orange in my parents house was a creamy orange. But this color is nice because it reminds me of a very special sectional. Do you like sectionals that are big plush sofa pieces piled on each other? I think the advantage of such sectionals is that we can arrange it in a myriad of ways. My aunt and uncle had a huge plush soft lovely sectional like that which is actually a collection of pillows. I really like such sectionals. If you sit on it you will sink into it because of the softness.
The sofas featured in these pics are similar to that. All the pics in this post are from the internet.

No comments: