AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

This is our Valentine's table. I made the place mats and matching table runner with fabric from Hobby Lobby. After all that work I was so tired yesterday that I forgot to make these sweet little paper cones I had been planning to make for our children. So this morning while croissants were getting a little over done in the oven I was running around looking for my scrapbook paper and ribbon to make these cones, put candy inside them and give my kiddos. I made it on time. Croissants remind me of France and since this fabric has the picture of the Eiffel Tower on it and many French words, french sounding names, french addresses, french symbols like the fleur-de-lis and others I made croissants for breakfast. I had help from Pillsbury. To make the candles like this I just stuck heart ribbons from Target available for $1 and stuck it with tape on the candle. The place mats are slightly slippery since the fabric is very thin. So I will improvise with a lining later on. I just set this table after my kids left for school since I love table setting. We will be eating at a restaurant tonight so we will not be using this table at all. At least not this year. My beloved husband, Jerry bought me chocolate yesterday......just the kind I like. Jerry and I are truly blessed to have each other. Jerry is really like a rock to me...loving and supportive in everything I do. Happy Valentines day to you and yours. I hope all of you have a fun day!