AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 4, 2013

Necessity is the mother of invention

Sometime in the fall of 2012 I saw a pale lavenderish-purplish bag in the handbag section of Target. It was elegant, simple and kind of delicate looking. I loved the bag as soon as I set my eyes on it. However, I could not justify spending money on that bag because I had already bought a couple of bags just before I saw this bag. So I thought I would watch and see if it would go on clearance. When I went for Black Friday shopping the bag was still there and it was at the same,original price; plus I had a bunch of other things to do and, so I still did not buy it.
However, I kept remembering that bag with fondness from time to time. Christmas , New year and MLK day came and went but the bag still remained in my memory. Then, one day, suddenly an idea struck me. If I cannot buy it, I can make it, I told myself. So I decided to make it. Of course, when I make it I have to interpret it differently and so I added black and made lilac pom-poms. I believe, it was Plato who once said that, "Necessity is the mother of invention." I agree with Plato.
I wanted to finish making this bag on Saturday but could not finish it. I finished it this morning. I still have to make some tweaks if I have to actually use it. But I like the way it turned out. Rather unusual, but I still like it.
Do you like it?
Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments: