AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 8, 2013

Strawberry Cupcakes

Usually when I go to the grocery store, if time permits, I try to spend a few minutes at the magazine aisle. I just browse through a couple of magazines and I get so many ideas and so much inspiration for decorating my home from the magazines. So last week, while at the grocery store I was flipping through the pages of Martha Stewart Living magazine. It would be an understatement to say that my heart skipped a beat when, in a page, I saw the picture of small chocolate cupcakes in purple cupcake liners arranged in the shape of a heart. My heart actually stopped because the photo was so beautiful. The background of the picture was also dark. It looked like a painting. I never would have thought purple and brown would be a good combination but it was. It was not just good. It was stunning.
After I came home, I wanted to try the idea. The image of the chocolate cupcakes in purple liners arranged in the shape of a heart would not leave me. I would have no peace until I tried that idea myself. However, I did not have purple cupcake liners. The ones I had on hand were pink and orange with white polka dots on the pink. Also, I my husband does not like chocolate all that much but he loves strawberry. So I decided to make these strawberry shortcake cupcakes since everyone in my family enjoys them. I got the recipe for the cupcakes and the frosting from Food and Wine cookbook from 2009.
I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: