AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 15, 2013

Tory Burch's Picture Perfect Fall 2013 Collection

One of my greatest accomplishments in life is reading Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace when I was 15 or 16 years old. I did not have to study it for school, nobody told me to read the book and no one else was reading it either, but I read it nonetheless. It is not easy to read War and Peace because it is 1440 pages and has pages and pages of descriptions of war, and accounts of the thoughts of odd people. Needless to say, I pretty much did not understand a lot in the book. But I plodded through it. My favorite character in the book was Natasha, the main heroine of the book. Natasha is beautiful and good. Tolstoy gives very elaborate descriptions of Natasha's social life which involved a lot of traditional dances, and so in my mind I conjured vivid pictures of Natasha, her fashion, and her style, as I read the book. When I saw Tory Burch's Fall 2013 collection, I thought to myself that these clothes are so Natasha...except Natasha with a modern spin. If Natasha lived now, these are the clothes she would be wearing.
After watching the show on my computer a few times I decided to try to come up with phrases or words that described the Tory Burch, Fall 2013 collection. Sophisticated in a soft and feminine way; deep, rich, or dramatic colors enlivened with silver or gold, very wearable and practical, yet refined with delicate ornamentation; dreamy and whimsical yet regal and aristocratic; prim and demure but not stuffy. In many ways I thought the clothes, the style and the entire sensibility of this collection truly represents Tory and all that she embodies.
The bags were the cutest. Playful, fun yet chic and just plain completely and overwhelmingly cute. I loved the bags which had long tassels hanging from them.
I loved all the white outfits and how Tory made all the white outfits gorgeous with embellishments in gold or silver.
How cute is this white top! Notice the heavy, thick velvety texture of the bottom part of the skirt. That is so Natasha from War and Peace, don't you think?
Look how lady like and feminine this outfit is!
You can check out the entire collection from Tory's blog/website. I will be posting a recap of my valentine's day crafts tomorrow, if time permits. But, have a wonderful weekend anyway!

No comments: