AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, June 13, 2014

A card I made

I made this card for a lady in our church. She is a very old lady and has cancer. When my son was young-- five years old she taught him Sunday School. At that time she looked like a picture perfect grandma. Silver curls, rosy cheeks and sweet smile. She was very loving toward my son. So gentle and tender. Now she is not well. She has been unwell for a while now but I was afraid to reach out to her because she had a walker and I had this weird irrational fear of walkers and people with walkers. I am also afraid of hospitals. If I have my way all the hospitals would be empty and all the people in the world would be running around happily doing their own thing. That is how I want this world to be like.
However, this lady inspired me yesterday. She sent a card to my son for his graduation with a gift as well. I thought, wow, she is so hurt and weak but she still took the time to send a card to my son. Even before that I wanted to overcome my fear and reach out to her but I kept not being sure. Then I saw this verse in James which says if we know to do something and if we don't do it, it is considered sin. So I know that if I send her a card filled with Bible verses about God healing His people she will be healed, she will have peace and hope. So I wrote two Bible verses inside this card for this lady to meditate on from Isaiah and Exodus. "Surely He took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered Him stricken by God, smitten by Him and afflicted. But He was pierced from our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him and by His wounds we are healed." and "worship the Lord your God and His blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you." Exodus 23: 25
I know Jesus heals. The Bible is filled with a million stories about Jesus healing people from all kinds of diseases. Also in our church another girl was healed yesterday due to everyone praying for her, from complications following a c-section. I feel so happy now she can have a happy family.
Prayer works, the word of God works and faith works. I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: