AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pictures of my children and praying for children

I bought a box frame from Hobby Lobby yesterday and framed this picture of my older son playing while we were in the house that we lived when we first came to Iowa in 2000. I put blue paper in the frame. It was in this house that I first started praying for my children super seriously. The verse that inspired me to start praying for my children was from Matthew 19: 13-15. It says that "Then children were brought to Him that He might lay His hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." And he laid His hands on them and went away. I started praying because one day my husband and I found that my five year old son, was not sharing a toy with his younger brother. Till that time he was always very loving toward my younger son. When I saw this, I felt very scared thinking that he might grow up to be unkind. This verse gave me lots of hope for my children's character. So I remember I fasted for three days for both of my children that they would be loving and kind to each other. After that they were back to being kind and loving to each other.
I also framed my younger son's picture from when we went for a vacation to Boston. I think praying for our children is very important. We may or may not be able to bless our children with the best things that money can buy but irrespective of if we are rich or poor we can always pray for God's blessing upon their lives, for God to shape their character so they can be equipped to do God's work for His kingdom in this world.
I am making a gallery wall near our kitchen. I love gallery walls. To me summer has a seaside, beach type vibe to it because generally people go for vacations to the beach in the summer. So for this summer I want to put blue star fish, blue sea shells etc on this wall to give it a summery feel. It will also go with the blue paper with the pattern of stars on it.
By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night His song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42: 9

No comments: