AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 18, 2023

Christmas Fruit cake and Memory

I made one more fruit cake today. I learned to make this cake from a mallu food blog.
One Christmas memory I have is the inundation of my parents home with cakes. The very air we breathed had fruit cake in it. Mostly plum cakes with sugar icing and without sugar icing. The sugar icing is thick and white and decorated with pink flowers, green leaves and small silver balls. It is very, very sweet. Under the icing is the cake rich with dry fruits. There was so much of this in my parent's home. In golden paper the cake will be topped with the words Merry Christmas. It is mostly given by others to my parents. And a tag saying with best compliments from whoever is giving it. For every person or family that visits us cake and wine is usually served during Christmas time. My mother makes home made wine with grapes. My mom makes cakes without fruits most of the time but she has made cake with fruits too.

No comments: