AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Vegetable Puffs

I searched my brain for something savory to make for my family. Finally I got an idea. I decided to make Puffs. This is something myself and my friends from college used to buy from a shop outside our college campus in Kerala, India. We could buy this and a bottle of chilled lime juice. So this morning I made these. I made it with store bought puff pastry and a vegetable filling that I made. The vegetable filling consisted of potatoes, carrots, beans and peas. I first boiled the veggies and then sauteed onions, ginger and garlic adding turmeric and cilantro powders. Then I mixed the boiled veggies to this, added salt to taste. I cut the puff pastry into squares, filled a small quantity of the vegetable filling in each square and brushed egg white lightly on each puffs. I placed it in a 400 degree oven till it turned golden. That is how I made a savory food item. Everbody in my family seems to have liked it.

No comments: