AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Photography

I woke up early yesterday morning and looked out the window. The yard was full of snow. I switched all except a few lights and photographed the pics you see above. I was photographing through the glass window which probably partly transmits light and partly reflects light. Perhaps due to this fact in the very first photo it looks as though the pantry and stove are in the back yard. This reminded me of a video based on CS Lewis's Narnia series. Lucy, Susan, Edmund etc look at a painting on a wall. The painting is of a ship sailing on water. Suddenly the painting comes alive, water pours into the room and the children are swimming in the sea and I am not sure if the children get into the ship. The first two photos remind me of that scene in the Chronicles of Narnia series.
When I completely switched off all the lights the effect was these pics. I could not see the kitchen in the backyard anymore. But here is a photography skill I discovered yesterday about switching light on and off and its effects. (Reposting)

No comments: