AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 11, 2013

Embroidery

Off late I have been really drawn to embroidery, crochet, and knitting. In Hobby Lobby I just love looking at the soft plush bundles of yarn, (and there is such a huge variety in so many pretty colors. I love the pale pastels, and I love the rich saturated hues.) I also love looking at the different colors and types of embroidery thread. I wish I could make lots of pretty things for my home with all that yarn and thread. Here are some images I have been inspired by on pinterest. (NOTE: None of the images in my post today are my own. They are all pinned to my board from Pinterest. So although you can see the pin it button next to each image, I think it is best to go to the original source of the picture and pin it from there. The pin it button is there next to each image because I worked very hard to incorporate it into my blog for my own DIY projects. It would be hard for me to disable it when I have images pinned from Pinterest)

Source: flickr.com via Anna on Pinterest

I wish I could make pillow covers and wall hangings, table cloths and place mats, curtains and blankets and throws with tons and tons of embroidery on it.
When I am done with all my chores, there is nothing more soothing and relaxing than to sit with my sewing supplies and make something pretty with it.

Source: flickr.com via Anna on Pinterest

Source: flickr.com via Anna on Pinterest

I think during winter, after the holidays we all want restful and reflection time. I know I do. And embroidery helps me have that time.
Maybe I should have a new years resolution at least for the first three months of the new year to learn as many embroidery stitches as possible. Yesterday I learned the chain stitch. I hope I can learn the french knot soon.

Source: kurbits.nu via Anna on Pinterest

Do you like embroidery? Have a wonderful day!

No comments: