AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 28, 2013

New Curtains

For the past few years, during winter break my husband has been travelling to India to teach a course in India to American students. This winter my husband went to India for four weeks with students and brought me these curtain panels. There is a store in India called the FabIndia which sells fabrics in traditional Indian design but interpreted in a westernized and modern way. I love their stuff.
These curtains and the pattern on it reminds me of tea-time for some reason. In India, pretty much every one drinks a lot of tea with milk and sugar. I remember spending a lot of time at the dining table drinking tea and eating lots of snacks to go with the tea. Usually when I came from school I would be alone with my tea/milk and snacks and consequently ended up spending a lot of time staring out the window on which the curtains are drawn aside to let the light in. I feel thirsty for tea when I look at these curtains.
Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments: