AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Snowflake Pillow

Yesterday I finished a snowflake pillow cover that I was working on. I made the snowflake pattern by sewing strips of felt fabric in the pattern of a snowflake. I love snowflakes. I love the whole idea that God made each snowflake unique and beautiful.
In the city that I live in during winter on either side of pretty much every major street there are lightbulbs arranged in the shape of snowflakes on the top of the regular lampposts. It is lit in the night and it is so pretty to drive around on streets decorated with snowflake shaped lights. The snowflake on the pillow is roughly patterned after the snowflake light in the street.
For added cozyness I sewed pom-poms I made for Christmas decoration to the edges of the pillow. Next to the chair with the pillow I kept a table with an amaryllis plant and our collection of small elephants.
I hope you have a great day!

No comments: