AboutPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 4, 2013

Mirror-work wall hanging

The wall above the sofa in our living room has been bare and so I decided to put a mirror work wall hanging from India on it. In North western India, I think, needlework on fabric with mirrors is very common. When I was a little kid I had skirts with mirror work on them and even as a grown up I have Indian outfits with mirror work on them.
I love how full of color, intricate details and vibrancy they are.
I hope you have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Gujju213 said...

I have been looking for a traditional Gujarati mirror work wall hanging like yours for a long time! ( in a more rectangular shape) I was wondering where you found yours. Thanks

Anna said...

I found mine in India. I think from a store called The cottage Industries, in New Delhi. I hope this helps.

Anna